As Volosoft, we are passionate about the technology and tools we work on. Since our open-source and commercial developer platforms are based on Microsoft's .NET technology, we are closely following the .NET team for new releases, features, and improvements made in each release.
In November 2023, exciting things happening in the .NET world and in this blog post, we are covering some of them.
.NET Conf 2023
Microsoft is going to organize the .NET Conf 2023 between November 14 and 16 as an online event. There will be many speakers who talk at that conference from all around the world. The core team members of ABP Framework, Alper Ebiçoğlu and Enis Necipoğlu are going to give speeches in the .NET Conf 2023.
Alper Ebiçoğlu is going to talk about "Building Multi-Tenant ASP.NET Core Applications and ABP Framework" on November 15, 2023, 22:00 - 22:30 PST:
Enis Necipoğlu is going to talk about "Reactive programming with .NET MAUI" on November 15, 2023, 22:30 - 23:00 PST:
Don't miss out on their speeches and save the date from: https://www.dotnetconf.net/ !
What's new with ASP.NET & Entity Framework Core 8.0
Microsoft is going to release the .NET 8.0 in the .NET Conf 2023, with ASP.NET Core 8.0 and Entity Framework Core 8.0.
Our team has closely followed the ASP.NET Core and Entity Framework Core 8.0 releases, read Microsoft's guides, documentation, and adapted the changes to our ABP.IO Platform. We are proud to say that we are going to ship the ABP 8.0 RC.1 based on .NET 8.0 just after Microsoft's .NET 8.0 release.
In addition to the ABP's .NET 8.0 upgrade, the team has created many great articles to highlight the important features coming with ASP.NET Core 8.0 and Entity Framework Core 8.0. Here, is a list of all the articles:
ASP.NET Core 8.0
- What’s New in .NET 8 🧐 ? Discover ALL .NET 8 Features⚡🚀 by Alper Ebiçoğlu
- Blazor's History and Full-stack Web UI by Alper Ebiçoğlu
- New Minimal APIs features in ASP.NET Core 8.0 by liangshiwei
- ASP.NET 8: What's New About Authentication and Authorization by Berkan Şaşmaz
- .NET 8: Serialization Improvements by İsmail Çağdaş
- ASP.NET Core Metrics with .NET 8.0 by Engincan Veske
- Native AOT Compilation in .NET 8 by Enis Necipoğlu
- Changes with Containers in NET 8.0 by Liming Ma
Entity Framework 8.0
- Using Complex Types as Value Objects with Entity Framework Core 8.0 by Halil İbrahim Kalkan
- EF Core 8 Primitive collections by Ahmet Faruk Ulu
- EF Core 8 - Enhancements to JSON column mapping by Salih Özkara
- HierarchyId Support in Entity Framework Core by Muhammet Ali Özkaya
- New Raw SQL queries for unmapped types with EF Core 8.0 by Liming Ma
We enjoyed writing these, we hope you also enjoy and like them while reading. Happy coding!
-- The Volosoft Team